Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License/State ID
- Must have Madison Library Card in good standing with updated registration
- You are limited to one Hotspot per household.
- This agreement must be signed at the time of checkout.
- You are not guaranteed 4G LTE service on hotspots.
- The first 25 GB has 4G service, after that the service may be reduced to 3G LTE depending on network load.
Loan Period: Mobile Hotspots may be checked out for 14 days with no renewals.
You must wait 24 hours before checking out another Hotspot device.
- Mobile Hotspots must be returned with original components in person to loaning library.
- Hotspots are never to be placed in Library book drop – they could be damaged and you will be responsible for replacement costs.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse service.
- Mobile Hotspots will be deactivated on the first day they are overdue.
Fines & Liability:
- Regular fines apply each day the hotspot is late.
- If the device goes to LOST, you will be billed the total replacement cost of the device and lose all library card privileges until the item is returned and fines are paid.
- Mobile Hotspots are not eligible for Fine Free Weeks. Courtesy call will be made on the date due.
- Mobile Hotspot should be kept in a temperature-controlled environment; do not leave it in a car.
- Patrons are responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of Hotspot and/or cords, adapters, cases, etc.
- Replacement Costs:
- Total for all items is $165.00
- Hotspot Device: $125.00
- Case : $10.00
- Charger Block & Charger Cords: $30.00
- Patrons are not permitted to purchase or provide their own replacement items.
- The Madison Public Library is not responsible for websites visited on the Mobile Hotspot or any damage to patron devices.