Books & Wine / Books & Lunch (Please sign-up each month)
Books & Wine meets the first Wednesday of each month at 6pm at various local wineries. Enjoy a glass of wine and discuss a book!
Books & Lunch meets each month at 1pm at the library. We will discuss the same book as the monthly Books & Wine group. But this group meets for lunch. Bring your brown bag, a snack or just the book. When the sun shines, we’ll meet outside. If not, we’ll take cover in the library.
- July – Beach Read – Emily Henry
- August – Better Sister – Alafair Burke
- September – The Other Mrs. – Mary Kubica
- October – Turn of the Key – Ruth Ware
- November – Everything I never told you – Celeste Ng
- December – Last Romantics – Tara Conklin
- January – Never Let me Go – Ishiguro Kazuo
- February – Things you Save in a Fire – Katherine Center
- March – The Guest List – Lucy Foley
- April – The Wrong Family – Tarryn Fisher
If you would like to sign up to attend one of these book clubs, please go here (https://madison-library.libcal.com/calendar/events). In the date box at the top of the page select the month you would like to attend and under category please select “Book Club.” Then click on the search button. This will list all book club the library is hosting for the month. From there you can click on the book club you would like to attend and register.
K1 Book Club – Just for Kindergartners and First-graders
Each meeting will last about an hour and will include a snack, a game or a craft and fun! Parents must stay in the library during the program. Books are available at the Circulation Desk. No sign-up required.
The Elementary Group – Second through Fifth-graders
Each meeting will last about an hour and will include a snack, a game or a craft and fun! Parents may drop off their kids. Pick-up is at 7 p.m. Books are available at the Circulation Desk. No sign-up required.
For Tweens – Fifth through Fifth-graders