Part time—Mobile Services Driver/Circulation Clerk
Position Title: Mobile Services Driver/Circulation Clerk Classification: Circulation Clerk 1
Wage: $11.78 hourly
Hours per Week: 20-25, non-exempt, part-time; Must be able to work a varied schedule, including mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
Position Summary: Drive the Bookmobile or other outreach vehicles while maintaining a schedule. Provide excellent customer and library service to all patrons. Perform circulation, computer, and clerical tasks both on the vehicle and in the library.
- Drive and park bookmobile safely to and from visits and maintain a scheduled route
- Drives vehicles to maintenance and repair appointments. Assists in keeping the vehicle clean and neat. Promptly reports issues to supervisor.
- Performs circulation duties, registers new users; shelves materials, and replenish displays as needed for each stop. Place holds for patrons, search for and route daily holds requests.
- Assists with stocking bookmobile before each assigned route with appropriate materials and supplies.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics:
Willingness and adaptability to work in a changing work environment. Excellent communication & customer service skills. Must have sufficient computer skills/abilities in order to use the library’s online computer system, email, internet, online databases, social media, and the like. Must be able to work independently. Must be familiar with library services and resources. Ability to operate all of the controls of the bookmobile or other library vehicles. Have a basic mechanical understanding. Ability to carry out assigned route on time
- High school diploma or GED required
- A valid Ohio driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report will be run by library insurance provider) with no at-fault traffic accidents in the last 5 years or no moving violations in the last 5 years.
- Background Check and drug test required
- Bus driving experience preferred
- Clerical or library clerical experience preferred
Ability to stand, walk, reach, bend, sit and kneel. Ability to lift and carry 30-40 lb. bag or box of books up and down vehicle steps. Ability to work in confined space. Able to use hands and fingers, grasp, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, including computers, phones, and office equipment. Able to read computer screens and print materials. Ability to push or pull full book drops or carts on and off vehicle
If interested provide: Resume, work references, and library application. Apply in person or send application items by email to: email@example.com.
Application deadline: Position will be advertised until filled, applications received by October 12, 2018 will receive first consideration.